If you’re looking to extend your home, create an additional room, or planning to renovate what you already have, a structural integrity inspection is something you should consider to assure the structural condition and integrity of your home.
Structural Integrity Inspection for Home Extensions
First of all, you will get the opinion of our expert engineer. He will inspect to determine if the structural elements of your home (foundation, framing, etc.) were designed and built to accept the anticipated loads to be placed upon them and if they will continue to perform their intended function over time.
What does a Structural Integrity Inspection include?
– Understanding your requirements for a home extension/renovation
– Inspection of any visible cracks or settlement marks on the walls
– Finding the cause of said visible cracks and/or settlement marks
– Evaluating the effect of removing a load bearing wall/supporting column
– Evaluating the effect of making an opening in a load bearing wall
– Design a beam to ensure the structural integrity of your home whilst removing a load bearing wall, supporting column, or making a hole in a load-bearing wall.
Before taking to your walls with a hammer, booking a structural integrity inspection provides assurance that you’ll make all the right moves, sticking to your deadline and budget. Without it, any wrong move could end up with your roof falling in leaving you out of pocket and devastated.
Why is a Structural Integrity Report required?
– It ensures you that the house you are residing in is safe during the renovation process
– To make sure that there aren’t any cracks or settlement marks in your home are not making it unsafe
– To ensure that the structural integrity of your home is not compromised, should you ever feel the need to renovate or change the aesthetics of your home
“Let us help you hammer out any imperfections before you start hammering down your wall!”
Renovations don’t have to be expensive when you’re hiring the right people. Arrange your consultation with our expert team by giving us a call on 0405 950 053 or emailing us via the Contact Us page.