“LET US HELP YOU MAKE THE TRANSITION OF PROJECT HANDOVER REPORT, SMOOTH AND SUCCESSFUL!”
Solution for Construction is available to review and prepare your report to ensure there are no gaps or missing documentation. We help guarantee a smooth handover by making sure you meet your project deadline. We handle the filing of documents at completion time as well as chasing up any missing documentation from your sub-contractors.
What does a project handover report include?
– Defect checking walks with the client and fixing any defects in the construction
– Practical Completion Certificate – Signed off and accepted by the client.
– Operations & Maintenance Manual for each equipment installed in the built premises
– Testing & Commissioning Reports for each equipment installed in the built premises
– Warranty documentation for each equipment installed in the built premises
– As-built Documentation
– Certificates of Compliances for each trades engaged & equipment installed – plumbing, electrical, fire alarm, lift, fire hydrant, CCTV, etc.
– Third Party Audit Reports
– Quality assurance documentation involving signed off ITPs
– Defect Liability Warranty for the Project
– Durability Report
– Training documentation involving documentation required for training client’s employees to handle the built facility.
– Final account settlement report
– Settlement of any contractual issues in the issue.
– Settlement of an issue due to a breach of a project deadline. This involves E.O.T. (Extension of Time) claims due to weather, plant breakdown, and delay caused by the client due to access to site; not provision of what is required to carry out work or delay in decision making by the client.
– Handover meeting minutes with the signature of the client accepting takeover of the project
– Final Handover of the keys to the facility
What are the benefits of having a good quality handover report?
A Project Handover report involves the following:
– Good reputation of the business
– Makes it easy to handover the project
– Transfers the risk of project functioning with to the client upon handover of the documentation involving operation and maintenance manual.
– Reduces the opportunity for a client coming back for defect repair, unless the defect occurs before the defect liability period.
– Improves the trust between your business and the client by issuing certificates of compliance, testing & commission report and third-party audit reports.
– Ensures that final account settlement has taken place before the project is formally handed over to the client.
– Signed off handover acceptance ensures that the client is happy with the facility, and it reduces the opportunity for clients to come back and dispute.
– In case of defect or re-work, the re-work is done by the trade responsible for the defect. The trade business is expected to pay for other components affected. This is the benefit of good documentation and getting defect liability certificates from each trade business involved in the project.